Monday 1 August 2011

Genealogy notes 30 July - 1 August

It's amazing how fast time goes when you are busy and travelling around. Saturday was the Irish seminar organised by the Wodonga Family History Society. My talk on the Colonial Irish Liked a Beer or Two was well received and I managed to sell a few of my books too. Jeff Brownrigg's two talks on Australian Irish Lives was also good and he accompanied his presentation with music and songs and even had the audience singing along. Both Jeff and I were presented with a local produce goodies bag which was nice.

Sunday was spent travelling back to Melbourne and catching up with domestic chores - friends came over to dinner that night (impromptu) but it meant no time for logging on and catching up with emails and tweets.

Monday I left home early so that I could go to the State Library of Victoria for Family History Feast 2011- an annual event during National Family History Week. It was a great day of genealogy talks and catching up with friends - my review gives details of the various presentations.

I'm hoping the next few days will let me catch up with all my genealogy reading - I now have quite a few e-newsletters waiting as well as blogs I like to follow. The other thing I must do tomorrow is my next instalment on mining ancestors for Australian Family Tree Connections. Another busy genealogy day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment